Young Living offers a few different bundles that feature their most popular items. These bundles are offered to new members only and are called starter kits. I’m a huge fan of these kits because they are specific offerings based on a variety of customer needs. I’ve actually purchased two different starter kits at this point because enough time had passed and I wanted to refresh all of my favorite oils. Purchasing that many oils at retail prices can definitely add up. Plus, being able to get started with a diffuser is so nice too.
However, not all starter kits include a diffuser. For example, the kit that I’m breaking down in this post, the Welcome Home Starter Kit, does not come with a diffuser. It has a variety of eight oils – four at citrus based oils in 15 ml bottles and the other four come in a 5 ml bottle each. The reason why I love this kit is because it’s a lower price point which makes it perfect for a couple of different types of people…
- Some one who is brand new to essential oils. This person wants so badly to get something that is easy to use, will create a warm environment that not only smells amazing, but also makes you feel amazing too. Maybe this person has been a huge fan of candles for so long, but recently learned that the carcinogenic soot that is released isn’t the best it can cause respiratory problems. Buying a kit that has literally picks out the best oils sounds like the best way to go for this person! This person may or may not have a diffuser already, which is okay because they don’t mind starting with an inexpensive diffuser from Target or maybe they’ll purchase a less expensive one from Young Living through their Essential Rewards program or (if you scroll to the bottom) this person will select the free diffuser option as a welcome gift from me!
- Another person who would definitely resonate with this kit is someone who is very particular about the aesthetics of their household diffuser. They want to invest in something that matches their style completely, so purchasing a diffuser in a kit is not necessary. They are familiar with essential oils and understand the emotional and mood enhancing benefits as well as how it cleans the air in your space. They’ve tested oils from a couple different brands, but after reading about (or maybe trying a sample) of Young Living essential oils, they want to dive in head first since they have witnessed the upgrade in quality and educated themselves on Young Living’s ethical practices compared to those other brands. This person is not only wanting to diffuse their oils, but create roller bottles, spray bottles and dropper bottles with homemade remedies and perfumes, which is perfect because I offer a welcome gift with all of the empty bottles, ingredients or tools to get you started!
If you can resonate with either of these imaginary people, who may or may not have been based off of people in my life 🙂 then I would recommend that you continue reading in case this is the perfect starter kit for you! I should mention that this kit is not a permanent kit offering for Young Living and will be gone once supplies are sold out.
Essential Oils Break Down:
I have and use every one of the oils in this kit if not daily, weekly. My favorite oil of all time is Valor. I diffuse this most mornings and include it in my perfume roller bottle. Peppermint is something I put into my mint chip smoothie almost daily and lavender is my go to oil for almost everything… cuts, bites, burns, you name it! The best thing about this kit is that it can be split up fairly evenly too. The Thieves Starter Bundle is similar in price, so I love to offer my friends and family what I call a Split Kit, so that they can get the best of both worlds. (Click those links to read more about those specific offerings.) Make sure you continue reading to the very end because I’ve outlined some of my favorite diffuser blends with these oils too!
Non-Citrus Oils — 5 ml bottles:
- Lavender – this oil is the jack of all trades oil, apply topically for cuts, bites and burns, its included in most of my DIY remedies, put a toothpick in the bottle and swirl in a mocha, and diffuse it to aide sleep or give a calming presence.
- Peppermint – great for cleaning (I use it in my glass and mirror cleaner), adding to smoothies or baking (check out my recipe for how I use this in my Mint Chip Smoothies, diffusing, applying topically, etc.
- Frankincense – this oil pairs perfectly with lavender for sleep, and is used in many “glow serums” for skincare.
- Valor® – this is actually my favorite oil. I call it my happy oil because it helps with emotions, confidence, concentration, etc. I use this as my daily perfume and in my diffuser mainly.
Citrus Oils — 15 ml bottles:
- Lemon – great for cleaning, baking, diffusing, skin or hair products etc. Be careful when applying topically and going out in the sun because citrus oils can cause photosensitivity.
- Lime – this oil is included in many diffuser blends to create the perfect scent for your home or to a roller bottle for perfume, etc.
- Tangerine – great for cleaning, diffusing, creating perfumes, etc.
- Grapefruit – I use this oil in my sugar scrub to create an at home spa experience as well as diffusing.
For the month of June, you receive a free 15 ml bottle of Citronella when you sign up for Young Living’s Essential Rewards program that allows you to earn points for monthly purchases.
Cost Breakdown — $125 (~$140 after tax & shipping)
This kit was created to provide new members with the smells of home with eight of Young Livings most popular oils that can be bundled for awesome diffuser blends, DIY remedies and at a great price too! These oils will give you a great idea of what it’s like to introduce essential oils into your everyday life before going overboard with every oil on the Young Living website – trust me, it’s easy to do!
Here’s a breakdown with the regular price of these items if you did not purchase through the Welcome Home Starter Kit — Regular price after tax and shipping for the full kit is $218.32:
Non-Citrus Oils — all 5 ml:
- Lavender, 5 ml; regular price $15.79
- Peppermint, 5 ml; regular price $13.49
- Frankincense, 5 ml; regular price $40.13
- Valor®, 5 ml; regular price $52.30
- Lemon, 15 ml; regular price $15.13
- Lime, 15 ml; regular price $16.45
- Tangerine, 15 ml; regular price $21.71
- Grapefruit, 15 ml; regular price $22.70
You may noticed that there are similarly priced pairs of items in this kit — if you’re wanting to split this in half with a friend and/or invest the other half of your kit towards the Thieves Starter Bundle, message me or click on the “Split Kit” blog post and I’ll help you get exactly what you need!
Sign-up Break Down:
How to Sign Up for the Welcome Home Starter Kit:
- Click the link oilwith.me/TFK
- Select the Welcome Home Starter Kit by going to “Step 1”, clicking “Other Premium Kits” and check the box for “Welcome Home Starter Kit”
- Under “Step 2: Essential Rewards Enrollment”, you simply select yes or no to the question, “Would you like to enroll in Essential Rewards and earn free products?” if you’d like to register for Young Living’s Essential Rewards (ER) program, which is a monthly auto-ship program. I highly recommend selecting “Yes” at sign-up in order to receive a a special gift (usually a free essential oil bottle). You have the option to skip a month at any time or completely canceling the Essential Rewards (ER) auto-ship program before the next month’s order is placed.
- If you clicked yes to the Essential Rewards sign up above, click yes again to “use your Premium Starter Kit (PSK) as your first Essential Rewards (ER) order.” This step is key and is easily missed! This will allow you to get that free monthly oil with this order and start earning points right away!
- Next, under “Step 3: Set Up Your Monthly Essential Rewards Order” you’ll select the best option for you under “Choose your Essential Rewards Kit”, by checking one of the three boxes. To make things simple, I would check the box for “Thieves Essential Rewards” to continue with my order and change this later. If you’d rather customize your next monthly order, you can do that by checking “Customize Your Kit”. By clicking that option, it will take you to a new page to select products that you’d be purchasing next month. Click Next when you’re done with this step. It will require you to select enough products that add up to 50 PV — Some oils that I recommend beyond this kit would be selecting purification, stress away, bergamot, ylang ylang, cedarwood, etc. in a 5 ml or a 15 ml bottle. Or if you’d like to switch more toxic products for Thieves non-toxic options, I highly recommend the dish soap, laundry detergent, fruit & veggie wash, etc.
- The next page is for “membership” information. Things to note here are that it will ask you for “Commission Processing Information”. Since you are becoming a member through the purchase of your Premium Starter Kit, you’ll receive wholesale pricing and the option to sell the products. If you’re not sure if you’d like to sell at this time, select the first option “Individual No social security number required.”
- Another important area on the “membership” tab is the “Sponsor/Enroller Information”. Under both “Sponsor ID” and “Enroller ID”, enter the number 1604750. That number corresponds to my account, so when you make a purchase I’ll be notified. You’ll automatically receive member perks from me and be connected to my Young Living community for all of the recipes, tips and hacks!
- After that tab, you’ll fill out your “Shipping & Payment” info and finally you’ll “Checkout”.
Young Living Break Down:
The most important item that Young Living offers members is wholesale or member pricing. You can see on their website that they offer a retail price and a wholesale price. After purchasing a starter kit, you’ll have access to purchasing the items at the listed wholesale price for 12 months. Within those 12-months, you are required to make one purchase of 50 PV (roughly $50) in order to keep your membership for another 12-months.
The Young Living Community
Other than the amazing products, my favorite thing about being a Young Living member is the fact that I am connected to so many others who are sharing their recipes, tips, trick and hacks. Seriously, joining the Young Living community that I’m a part of today has completely changed my entire experience for the better. I’m finally rebuilding my immune system that has been suffering for years and finding ways to make my own gluten free products that I can’t find any where else. I’ve never been a DIY’er, but acting like a chemist and creating these super easy recipes is actually very empowering and liberating because now I know what is going into each product that I’m using! Click here for “The Clean Book” that outlines how to best use the Thieves products which includes some of the essential oils offered here along with items from the Thieves Starter Bundle.
Essential Rewards (ER) Gift & 100 PV Gift
Each month Young Living changes the monthly gift that ER members receive. For the month of June 2020, each member who is registered on Essential Rewards (ER) and spends 100 PV (this starter bundle is 100 PV) is sent a free bottle of Citronella which is the primary oil in the bug spray recipe that I shared earlier this week. I’ll do my best to update this with the promo each month, but please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or if I haven’t updated it in a while.
Resources Available To You:
After signing up with your new kit, I will send over your account information and the following following items will be available to you:
- Young Living membership with wholesale pricing for 12-months (a 50 PV purchase will need to be placed before your one-year anniversary in order to keep your membership active)
- Access to the Nesting Well Facebook group. Check out the @nestingwell account on Instagram to get a preview of the great resources that will be at your fingertips!
- Resources from me in print, text and/or email depending on your preference.
- Access to Essential Rewards bonus gifts and rewards points.
All new members who sign-up with a premium starter kit and activate their Essential Rewards membership with me will receive a free gift valued at $15-25. I’m happy to customize this gift to fit your needs and I have some examples saved to my Amazon Storefront Idea List called “Essential Oils – Accessories + Welcome Gifts“. I want you to receive a gift that gets you just as excited about your oils as I am about mine! Plus, I want to gift you something that you’ll actually use. Let me know if you don’t see something that accomplishes that for you and we’ll create a gift package together. Here are some welcome gift examples:
- Like I mentioned above, I am happy to set you up with a diffuser of your choice within the cost allotted. Young Living offers a great selection all with a variety of different features. As most of these exceed the cost limit, I am happy to put a $25 credit into your Young Living account for you to pick the diffuser of your choice on your next month’s ER order. My favorite diffusers offered from Young Living are:
- Small diffuser in case you already have a large diffuser and want a secondary one for your desk or on your nightstand. I have a secondary diffuser next to my bed that is small enough that I can smell it, but my husband does not. I also have an old diffuser in my office from the first premium starter kit that I purchased 6-years ago. Another diffuser I love was purchased at Target and it’s cordless, so I take it outside to keep the bugs away! You really cannot have too many diffusers.
- A variety of glass spray bottles, dropper bottles, and roller bottles so you can start making your favorite recipes along with a carrier oil of your choice.
- Essential oils book for how to use oils with babies/kids, pets or how to use essential oils in general.
- Hanging diffuser that you can use in your car, closet, etc. and/or a handmade oils travel case along with 10 ml roller bottles to fill it with. My favorite accessories are from BaggageandCo on Etsy!
- Or if you’d rather have the ingredients or supplies to make one of my other recipes that I’ve shared, please let me know that too!
Please comment, email, or DM me with any questions – or if you’re ready to sign up as a new member with a premium starter kit, wholesale pricing, and Essential Rewards, go to oilwith.me/TFK!