At work, a couple of us got together and created a list of restaurants to support during these uncertain times based on our favorites around the Valley. Some of these are restaurants that I personally love and some I haven’t tried before, but I trust my friend’s recommendations. Either way I wanted to share here for you to take advantage of too.
I’d like to shout out Jewel’s Cafe and DeFalco’s Italian Eatery and Grocery. Aaron and I go to Jewel’s Cafe regularly because it’s a dedicated gluten free kitchen that also has many vegan and dairy-free options too, however you would never know that they are catering to allergies because menu options and the taste of the food is amazing! I have not been back to DeFalco’s since going gluten free, but if you don’t have gluten allergies I highly suggest the pesto gnocchi, Italian sub and lasagna.
We did not vet this list to see which restaurants are open during quarantine, so please check that on your own. In my Instagram story, I’ve outlined a few restaurants that are currently open during quarantine along with promotions that they’re offering right now. Let’s make sure these restaurants are still here when the world returns to normal! Each restaurant is linked below.
- Butters – best eggs and pancakes
- Butterfield’s – the original Butter’s location
- Original Pancake House – highly recommend the dutch baby!
- Jewel’s Cafe – best brunch and lunch that is GF, but you’d never know it
All Day Food:
- Chop Shop – great for all meals
- Fox Restaurant Concepts (FRC) – Henry, Flower Child, Blanco’s, Zin Burger, Olive & Ivy
- Ingo’s Tasty Food – breakfast, burgers, salads, and the. shattered chips are a must try
- La Grande Orange (LGO) – and all LGO restaurants (Buck & Rider, Chelsea’s Kitchen, Ingo’s, etc.)
- Ocotillo Restaurant – brunch and dinner
- The Herb Box – good for all meals
- The House Brasserie– a lot of food
Lunch and Dinner:
- AZ/88 – great for martinis and burgers
- Bandera – smoked chicken and a great macho salad
- Cafe Monarch – upscale and cute date spot
- Chula Seafood – fresh seafood
- Flint by Baltaire – brand new at Biltmore Phoenix
- Hillstone Restaurant Group – Hillstone is upscale but has sushi and burgers on their menu. Bandera is another restaurant they created.
- Hulas Modern Tiki – fun Hawaiian themed
- Josephine – new downtown restaurant
- Roka Akor – great sushi
- The Gladly and Citizen Public House – best chopped salad
- Virtu Honest Craft – small plates and seasonal menu
- Barrio Queen – fun Mexican food
- Chico Malo – downtown is good Mexican
- Diego Pops – great Mexican with a twist
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop – authentic Mexican in Tempe
- Gallo Blanco – Mexican downtown
- Taco Chelo – downtown phoenix
- Taco Guild – good vibe
- Tocaya Organica (fresh casual) & Toca Madera (upscale) – both are from the same restaurant group
- CiBO Urban Pizzeria – cute patio, good pizza, great to go to before a concert at the Van Buren
- Craft 64 – wood fired pizza and good location
- DeFalco’s Italian Eatery & Grocery – authentic Italian food, pesto gnocchi and Italian sub are fan favorites!
- Nook Kitchen – modern American with Italian roots
- The Parlor – a fun, unique and taste take on pizza
- Pizzeria Bianco – great pizza and they have another restaurant called The Normal Restaurant
- Pomo Restaurant Group – Pizza and pasta, and they own Mora Italian (Scott Conant is the Executive Chef)
- The Sicilian Butcher – good pasta and Italian
- Zuzu at Hotel Valley Ho – Show Stopper Shakes