For as long as I can remember, I’ve always loved events. From attending childhood birthday parties, to planning prom, and now creating unique employee experiences for a large technology company. It’s more than just a day job, it’s a passion and a hobby. I love building events around a special activity that bond the attendees together. It becomes more difficult the greater the attendee headcount is unless there is a general event theme.
Some of the best events are the intimate ones where there is a common activity that all guests share and do together.
I’ve broken down some of my favorite unique activity ideas for events and celebrations below. These events could range from “just another Saturday” to a large corporate event and everything in-between; engagement parties, weddings, bachelorettes, bridal showers, baby showers, couple’s night, anniversaries, birthday parties, graduation parties, etc.
Flowers + Succulents: Being able to take something home with you that reminds you of the fun you had is a great way for guests to connect to the event, the people at the event and/or the company represented.
- Flower Bar – this is a DIY activity for guests to create their own floral arrangements and take home fresh flowers in a vase.
- Flower Crowns or Jewelry – allowing guests to build their own crowns or jewelry made of flowers makes for great photos during the event. Click here and here for examples.
- DIY terrariums – the gift that keeps on giving as succulents will continue to live as long as you take care of them. Click here for more info.
- Candle making (regular or massage candles) – I’ve created massage candles with L’Apothicaire and regular candles with Mame. Both experiences were great!
- Sugar scrubs
- Natural lip balms
- Bath bombs – DIY recipes for kids or adults, click here.
- Custom scents with Young Living essential oils
- Custom massage oils with Young Living essential oils – For the 3rd annual Robbins Brothers event (click here to RSVP), guests will have the chance to make their own.
- Custom roller balls with Young Living essential oils
- Custom beauty serums with Young Living essential oils – I attended an oil class with a Glow Bar, where I created my very own beauty serum for my skin needs. I realized at this event that essential oils would have a bigger presence in my life as they are not only allergy free (gluten free for me!), but also help to keep me healthy.
- Jewelry making (most likely needs to be at a facility with welding) – I hosted a jewelry making event with KP Studios, click here to read the blog post.
- Massage chair
- Hand massages – The past three Robbins Brother’s events Dermalogica has been on-site giving hand massages to couples. You can see the blog post here, here and here.
- Gel manicure color changes
- Mini make-overs – Both Heather N Artistry and Erica Mendoza have been on-site doing mini make-overs at previous Robbins Brothers events (please see links under “hand massages” for the blog posts.) Plus, Heather N Artistry will be back for the 3rd annual Robbins Brothers event (click here to RSVP.)
- Braid bar – Both Sarah Stidham Beauty and S+L Trends have been on-site doing braids at previous Robbins Brothers events (please see links under “hand massages” for the blog posts.) Plus, Sarah Stidham Beauty will be back for the 3rd annual Robbins Brothers event (click here to RSVP.)
Interactive Food + Drinks:
- Wine tastings or wine pairings with food, chocolate, desserts, etc. – Samantha Sommelier created a unique tasting experience at the first Robbins Brothers event that I hosted.
- Tequila or other alcohol tastings or pairings
- Mimosa bar with variety of fresh fruit and juice flavors
- On-site cappuccino barista – Creative Cappuccino is a favorite for work events.
- On-site food trucks with unique offerings or brick oven pizzas to cut-up for individual slices
- On-site popcorn cart with custom toppings
- Food presentations – I went to a unique food presentation at Chula Seafood that not only showed us how they create a specific dish, but also allowed us to try it too.
- Cocktail making – Below is a photo of the three cocktails I made during a class at Mountain Shadows Resort.
- Champagne sabor presentation – Also at Mountain Shadows, they have a champagne saboring presentation every Friday among other events and activities as well..
- On-site Cotton Candy – For a work event, Sweet Wool made cotton candy for our employees on site.
- On-site dessert cart for ice cream cones, ice cream floats (with champagne, baileys, root beer), ice cream sandwiches, ice cream sundaes, etc. – For a work event, Shug’s scooped and poured ice cream floats for our employees on site.
- On-site dessert cart for edible cookie dough, build your own cookie dough, etc. – For the 3rd annual Robbins Brothers event (click here to RSVP), we’ll have edible cookie dough and ice cream sandwiches on-site from Scoopwell’s.
- On-site chocolate dipped fruit and savory items
- Cake decorating workshop – My co-workers and I did this at A Bake Shop and learned how to create a multi-tiered ombre frosted cake. Click here to see the results.
- Photo booth with themed props – This can be created as simply as buying a streamer background and balloons. Click here to see one I created for my husband’s birthday with minimal supplies.
- GIF video booth – MISGIF is my favorite for events! Click here for an example.
- Temporary tattoos (glitter or glow in the dark)
- Interactive installations – I love Wonderspaces in the Scottsdale Fashion Square mall, but it seems as though these installations are popping up all over Scottsdale!
- Life-size cutout – My personal favorite is purchasing a life size cut out of the guest of honor. My sister-in-law did this for my husband’s college graduation party and it was a hit! Click here to see.
- Paddle board yoga or goat yoga – I’ve only done paddle board yoga and it was at Mountain Shadows with SUP Yoga AZ.
Randomly found your blog and Iâ€™d like to say that you have amazing design,
beautiful photos and interesting posts! Iâ€™m also impressed by your style! Everything
would you like to follow each other?
will be happy to see you in my blog)
Skin and Beauty Care!https://savarnasmantra.com/blogs/blog
Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate your kind words and I can’t wait to check out your blog too! 🙂