Last Sunday, I was invited to a Galentines Day party with about 20 other local Arizona bloggers. It’s always so much fun to connect with amazing women who you share similar interests with. Plus, the holiday of Valentine’s Day is a great theme for a party with your girlfriends. It’s great to share the day with your significant other, but sometimes you want to celebrate with over the top girly things. If you have a girls group that needs an excuse to get together, I highly suggest having a Galentines Day party. There are some super easy ideas that you can implement and throw together in time for Valentine’s Day. The hardest part is finding a place to have the party. Once you find a home that is free of husbands, boyfriends, or male roommates and large enough to accommodate your group – you’re set! You could always go somewhere, like a restaurant, to have the party if there isn’t a home available. Here are some ideas to use at your next party…
- Ask each guest to bring a bottle of new, unused nail polish in any color. No need to wrap this, but it will be used as a gift for a White Elephant gift exchange. Everyone puts their nail polish in the middle and numbers are passed out randomly for each guest. Starting with number one, each guest is able to pick a bottle of nail polish from the center or steal a bottle from someone else at their turn. Once the nail polish is stolen for the second time, it is frozen and cannot be stolen again. The guest who has number one gets to steal at the very end from bottles that are not frozen. The nail polish I brought is by Essie and it’s called “Between The Sheets.” I ended up stealing it back, because it’s one of those perfect nudes! For more info on the nail color, read my blog post here.
- Ask each guest to bring their favorite Valentine’s Day candy for the candy bar and put candy in vases or clear containers. With Valentine’s Day themed bags, each guest can pick their favorite candy to-go.
- Lastly, ask each guest to bring a bottle of wine, champagne, or rose, whichever is their favorite. This is always a must for my group of friends 🙂 and it allows for the host to have to worry about one less thing.
- As the host, pink, red or white flowers are a great addition to the decor. Having “Love” themed balloons or props are great for photo ops and you know bloggers love taking photos. For this party, we had a friend join who is a photographer to take photos of the group. We also created a “photo booth” with a background of streamers.
- Conversation heart cookies were the perfect dessert for our group! The cookies here were made by Jamie of @queen_frosting. They make the best party favor. Having pink bags for guests to put their goodies in are inexpensive and add to the decor.
- A great food idea that is also fun to make is waffles! For a brunch themed party, have a make your own waffle bar. You can have toppings like nutella, fruit, cool whip, sprinkles, etc.
- Lastly, if you can add a sassy, sexy or romantic element, like offering BootayBags for your guests, it’s always a welcome element to any Valentine’s Day party. Here, we were able to take a pair of booty shorts home. The awesome thing about BootayBag is that with every selfie/photo shared of BootayBags on Instagram with the hashtag #undermatters, the company will donate a dollar to the Melanoma Foundation! They offer a subscription service of 2 pairs of panties for $12 a month!
Other ideas for your Galentines Day party are…
- Go see Fifty Shades Darker in the theaters! Two years ago three of my girlfriends and I saw Fifty Shades of Grey at the AMC Esplanade. It was so convenient because we could purchase our tickets beforehand and pick our seats. Plus, we get wine and food served to our seats. This year our group has grown so much that we’re filling up an entire row! Afterwards we’re planning to go next door for dinner.
- Instead of a nail polish white elephant gift exchange, you can really use anything! You could do lipstick/lipgloss, a makeup product in general, panties, pjs, nightie, etc. My girlfriends and I do a “naughty” Valentine’s Day gift exchange with a $20 price limit. It can be anything from a bath bomb to massage lotion, or as risque as something you might find at an adult store. I wouldn’t suggest playing this gift exchange game with people you haven’t met before or a group of people in a professional setting. It can get pretty silly!
I love celebrating Valentine’s Day with Aaron, but honestly I have more fun getting together with my girlfriends. It’s a great excuse to get everyone together without the boys for once and do girly things 🙂 If you have other Galentines Day party ideas, please share in the comments below! Also, look for my post on Instagram to have a Valentine’s Day gift sent to your Galentine! Make sure you follow @thefoxykat1 and tag your #galsquad in the comments section.
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”174″ exclusions=”1679,1669,1670,1671,1676,1688,1689,1691,1692″ sortorder=”1672,1676,1674,1687,1693,1694,1679,1683,1668,1667,1669,1670,1671,1686,1673,1675,1685,1681,1677,1678,1680,1682,1684,1688,1689,1690,1691,1692″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=”0″ thumbnail_width=”120″ thumbnail_height=”90″ thumbnail_crop=”1″ images_per_page=”20″ number_of_columns=”0″ ajax_pagination=”0″ show_all_in_lightbox=”0″ use_imagebrowser_effect=”0″ show_slideshow_link=”1″ slideshow_link_text=”[Show slideshow]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
Photographer | Diana Avalos Photographs @dianaphotographs
Be you, bravely.
The Foxy Kat